Nia is from the long awaited Snö litter to the handsome Ruger, from the Kennel of Veronica Thoren - Stockholm Kennel Clubs 2007 Breeder of the Year [All Breeds]. We started making arrangements for this special pairing when Ruger was a puppy in quarantine, and after flying to the 2010 Queensland specialty show with Saran and seeing them together we were more excited than ever. Ruger is co-owned here in Australia by Kerrie & Shane Lambley [Kenjala], Dale Blinco and Mick Goulding [Riginal] and Wendy Lam [Taiping] and we thank them all for making it possible for us to use this stunning boy. Ruger brings with him exciting new bloodlines from Sweden as well as tracing back to some of the Bearstar Greats that are behind our bloodlines here at Kushika. Ruger is a double up on Int Nord Ch SV-97 NV-98 Fin V-98-99-00 Sv Ch Bearstar Diamond Willow CV (ROM) being a great, great grandson of her on both paternal and maternal sides of his pedigree. We have admired Demi, a stunning ridgeback and amazing brood bitch with no less than 17 champions to her credit since our first involvement in the breed and are thrilled to be bringing her bloodlines into our breeding program.
We couldn't be happier with our little red "Swedish Nia" from this lovely combination. Nia hit the show ring with all the zest and vitality she puts into everything she does. Her correct size and beautiful proportions, along with her effortless ground covering gait catches the eye of judges All Breed and Specialty alike and she quickly gained her Australian Champion title at just over 10 months of age, and in the process became our youngest champion to date. In her first 12 months of showing she was awarded multiple Best of Breed, Class in Group and Class in Show [Championship & Open] awards in the All Breeds arena as well as Class of Breed at Hound Club Specialty and Opposite Class in Show Awards at breed Specialty Level and even made it to the final cut for Best Gaited Bitch at the 10th National.
In April 2013 she was awarded RUNNER UP BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW at the RRCSA Championship Show under Breed Specialist Judge Mrs S Cameron-Codognotto [Ozrhode Kennels], a fantastic achievement for our young girl at her first show in the Intermediate class and only 19 months of age. 5 months later in the September she followed up this lovely award with another RUNNER UP BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW, this time at the RRC Inc Specialty in Sydney [breed entry 117]. The following day Nia was again in line for top honours - winning runner up of Breed at the Hound Club of NSW, this win was also backed up by a further Hound Club Best of Breed in SA later that month. Despite being shown very sparingly for the 2013 show year [only 13 shows attended], Nia finished off the year being awarded South Australian Rhodesian Ridgeback of the Year [SARRY].
In 2014 Nia's success has continued with her being awarded Best of Breed at the Hound Club of SA 50th Anniversary Specialty show under acclaimed Hound Specialist judge Mr Mark Cocozza [UK] before going on to make the cut to final 4 for Best in Show under Sighthound Specialist Mrs J Gagne [Can]. At the RRCVic Specialty in May she again placed well in a strong Intermediate Class before going on to be awarded Best Gaited Bitch and Best Brace with her mother Saran. The 11th Rhodesian Ridgeback National in Brisbane in August saw Nia create breed history for Kushika Kennels, when she was awarded NATIONAL BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW WINNER under Breed Specialist Judge Mr G Cunningham [Walamadengie RR's Scotland]. Our continual focus is to breed Specialty winning ridgebacks, and this fantastic award following on from her grandmother Kierra's National win in 2006 makes Kushika the only Australian Rhodesian Ridgeback Kennel to date to win multiple National Specialty shows from different breeding generations - an achievement of which we are most proud.
- RU Best of Breed, Hound Club of SA 2015, Judge Mr G Gibson [NSW]
- Best Open In Show, at the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club Inc Specialty Show, October 2015. Judge Mr Vorjtek [Slovakia]
- Gained her Tracking Champion and Dual Champion titles in July 2015
- NATIONAL BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW WINNER at the 11th National Specialty Show 2014 - hosted by RRCQld under Breed Specialist Judge Mr G Cunningham [Walamadengie RR's Scotland]
- RU Best of Breed & Challenge Bitch, Marion Kennel Club Championship Show under FCI Judge Mr P Rehanek [Cze Rep]
- Gained her Tracking Dog Excellent Title - July 2014
- RU Best of Breed & Challenge Bitch, Winter International Championship Show, Judge Mr G Krishan [Malaysia]
- Reserve Challenge Bitch, Hound Club of SA, Judge Mrs S Juutilainen [Finland]
- Challenge Bitch, Winter International Championship Show, Judge Ms C Ringstrom [Can]
- Best of Breed & shortlisted to final 4 for Best in Show [Hound entry 206] Hound Club of SA 50th Anniversary Show, Judges Mr Mark Cocozza [UK] & Mrs J Gagne [Can]
- Awarded South Australian Rhodesian Ridgeback of the Year 2013 [SARRY]
- Best of Breed, Hound Club of SA, Judge Mrs R Bacich [NSW]
- RU Best of Breed, Res Challenge Bitch, Hound Club of NSW, Judge Mrs S Stasytis [Vic]
- RUNNER UP BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW, Best Intermediate In Show, at the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club Inc Specialty Show, September 2013. Judge Mr J P Achtergael [Belgium]
- Gained her Tracking Dog Title - August 2013
- RUNNER UP BEST IN SPECIALTY SHOW, Best Intermediate In Show, RRCSA Championship Show under Breed Specialist Mrs S Cameron-Codognotto [Ozrhode, Aus]
- Cut to final 2 for Best Gaited Bitch, RRCSA Championship Show under Mrs S Cameron-Codognotto [Ozrhode, Aus]
- Reserve Challenge Bitch, Junior of Breed, Hound Club of SA Championship Show under Hound Specialist Mrs B Martin [ACT]
- Junior in Show & Best of Breed - Hound Club of SA Open Show [Mr P Danaher]
- Placed 2nd [class entry 17] in Junior Bitch Class at 10th National Specialty Show 2012 [hosted by RR Club Inc.] Sydney
- Made final cut for Best Gaited Bitch [class entry 51] at 10th National Specialty Show 2012 [hosted by RR Club Inc.] Sydney
- Best Puppy in Show - All Breeds Championship Show under International Judging Panel
- Gained her Australian Champion Title at 10 months
- Minor Puppy of Breed at The Hound Club of SA Champ Show under Breed Specialist Mrs D Brennan [Huntingridge, Aus]
- 2nd place Minor Puppy Bitch - RRCSA Specialty Show April 2012 under Breed Specialist Sir A Trollope [Churingalodge, Aus]
- Opposite Minor Puppy in Show - RRCVIC Specialty Show March 2012 under Breed Specialist Ms C Burton [Starridge, Aus]
- Multiple Class in Group Awards [All Breeds Championship]